We don't just provide shelter, we empower families.
Many of the families we serve find themselves without the background experience necessary to meet the demands of maintaining a stable home environment. Our case managers aim to equip each resident with the tools, skills and services they need to better serve themselves and their family. We believe that by educating our residents now, we are providing the skill set necessary to empower themselves for the future.
- Complete online financial literacy course
- Work with case manager to develop and maintain family budget
- Work with case manager to establish sustainable savings structure
Through community programs as identified by case worker:
- Career services – Resume building, interview practice, job placement
- Parenting courses
- Legal guidance for child support
- Domestic violence rights and empowerment
The Hope for Families Center brought me and my girls in and gave us a place to call home. They took care of our basic needs – a shower, laundry, and food. But they did so much more. They showed me how to enroll the girls in school, how to check their grades, how to talk to their teachers and monitor their attendance. I found a job. We learned the importance of structure – cleaning, budgeting, schoolwork. They helped us take care of neglected medical issues and gave the supplies to complete school projects. They modeled boundaries and rules and communication to help me be a better person, a better parent. – Kenny